Tuesday, April 2, 2013

2013 A TO Z CHALLENGE #AtoZChallenge. B



Well, here we are at day 2 of the A to Z Challenge. I'm still trying to play catch up from yesterday. Thanks to all who stopped by, I promise I will get by.

Now, for today's weird word: Battologist - Someone who repeats the same thing needlessly.

Being a writer, this is one of my bad habits. I really have to watch and pay attention to my wordage. Let's talk first drafts. When I sit down to read and revise, I see I'm a battologist. I have a tendency to use certain words over and over. I admit, I fall into the 'someone who repeats the same thing needlessly' trap when my words spill onto paper. Does that make me a bad writer? Maybe or maybe I'm just a battologist and didn't know it!

Are you a battologist or know someone who is?  Maybe writer's need a  Battologist Anonymous? I'll be the first to join!

11 comments:

kathy said...

Always good to learn new words :) I try not to be a battologist, but I am. I think we all are! How could we not if we sit down and write 100 000 words! :P

Robin Moran said...

Haha, that can be me as well! Luckily that's what the edits are for. To hide that fact! ^^

Jess * Jessie * Jessy said...

If you start Battologist Anonymous, I'll certainly join! Yeah, edits catch this sort of thing but what if they don't! How embarrassing! Thanks for weird words. I need to add to my vocabulary and this is definitely a word to remember! :)

And thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoyed all three of yours!

Zoanna said...

Battologists Anonymous! The weekly meetings begin with introductions, " Hi, I told you my name last week. I can't repeat it."

Thanks for reminding me add a "follow me" button. I have since added one above my picture.

Sally said...

Love that word!

danneromero said...

Ah, finally, a word to describe my husband! :)

Printed Portal said...

I do that too.. and I didn't even know it :)

Megan said...

OH a new word. Thanks! I do that too, without realizing it!

www.m5carolin.blogspot.com

Kate said...

It seems like we all have our crutch words. I always use just and something FAR too much. But that's what's so great about find and replace, right?

Fairview said...

I love it. Learned a new word today!

Ink in the Book said...

I've never heard this word before so thanks for sharing! I realized as I read your post I DO have some words I use far too often. "Just" is one of them. It's the word I also repeatedly delete during edits!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!