Thursday, April 4, 2013

2013 A TO Z CHALLENGE #AtoZChallenge-D


It's day 4 of the 2013 #AtoZChallenge and it's time for the weird word of the day...

Today's word is diorthosis: a critical revision of a text; any correction or adjustment. This word is very crucial to us writers. My problem is diorthosis has become a writing crutch. I tend to revise my text as I write. I can't wait until the first draft is finished. I have the urge to critically revise after the first page.

What's your writing crutch?

4 comments:

The Desert Rocks said...

Another one I'm not familiar with and thank you. It seems like a very important word. Diorthosis also sounds like a disease and I'll catch it if I don't revise, revise and revise. LOL

Deborah said...

Oh, I'm the revision queen. And Empress. And universal ruler. I'm sure I've written ten novels revising one. That ends this week. Have called on dearest daughter to keep me focused, no back edits, forward and to end all the way.

Sometimes a writing buddy helps. :)

Fran Clark said...

I do revise as I go - can't help myself either! Great word I'm sure I would never have discovered unless I stopped off here. Thanks Debra Ann.

Dani said...

I love learning new words!
Dani @ Entertaining Interests
#warriorminion

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!