Saturday, April 6, 2013

#AtoZChallenge-F

Well, it's the end of week one and I am way behind on comments. Thanks to all who have stopped by. I promise, I will get around to your blogs.

And now without further adieu today's weird word is Fustian: pretentious writing or speech


I'm old school. I love the writing's of Thoreau and Gibran. There words are not fustian. I love how Thoreau speaks through the words he wrote or how Gibran gives a sense of love and honesty.

In today's writer's world, there are a lot of fustians. Writer's have somehow learned readers want more than the writer should give. I'm not saying it's not okay to be pretentious in your writing, but don't let the reader dictate how you write.

5 comments:

Sally said...

Ooh I know some people who are pretentious.

moondustwriter said...

maybe that occurs when writers are trying to be something they are not

good point for day 6 of a to z

moondustwriter's Poetry

Karen S. said...

I like that word!!!!

Sandy said...

Interesting idea, aren't you writing for your readers? I mean if they don't read your words, what's the point? Thanks for adding a word to my vocabulary. Must make a note of it.
A-Z

Janice Person said...

Great word to add to my vocabulary! I'm with you, I like normal straight-forward language.

Hope you are enjoying the A to Z Challenge as much as I am! It is a great way to both tell some of our tales and find other great blogs. You can find me at http://janiceperson.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates