Friday, August 23, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Last #FMFParty

Five Minute Friday

LAST...

I hadn't thought about last's in twelve weeks. On May 27th, I lost my youngest daughter to an AIDS related illness. She was twenty-seven. She's been sick for ten years and came home to die. She died in my arms. We got to spend five painful and sad weeks together. I cared for her, I cleaned up puke, I cried. I watched the life being sucked from her rail-thin body. My once beautiful daughter was now a skeleton. We made it through Mother's Day. God gave me a free pass, but I knew it would be any moment. She grew weaker and weaker with each passing second. When the day came, I wanted to hide but I couldn't. I didn't want to face her death. A mother should never watch their child die. My heart died the moment she took her last breath. 


STOP

4 comments:

Patricia Storbeck said...

Hallo Debra Ann.
I'm so sorry reading about your daughter. No mother should have to go through something like this. I too lost my daughter in a car accident. She was 15 and she died in our arms too.
My heart goes out to you. God Bless.
Patricia, (FmF) http://mojitoandme.com

SingleMomBomb said...

That was painful to read. My heart goes out to you. I can not begin to imagine the hurt of losing a child. Hugs to you and your heart.

Sally said...

So sorry for your loss - beautifully tribute to your daughter.

Lydia Filgueras said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a loved one who's been living with HIV for the last 8 years. What a lovely thing you wrote. Bless you.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates