Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Friday Fictioneers- The Summer of Regret

Copyright-Dawn M Miller
After a long hiatus, I am joining the ranks of Friday Fictioneers once again. This week it's hosted by Rochelle.

The challenge is to write 100 word story based on the photo prompt for the week. This week's photo was taken inside Union Station in Washington, D.C and provided by Dawn M. Miller.

The Summer of Regret

It was the summer of '63, I was seventeen and headed to Washington, D.C. with the Future Leaders of America.

"Carla Jo," Mrs. Perkins interrupted my thoughts. "Are you excited to be going to Washington?"

"Oh, yes m'am," I beamed with enthusiasm.

After twelve long hours the bus came to a halt in front of Union Station. Why did we stop?

The driver instructed everyone to get off the bus. We did as we were told and herded into Union Station.

I couldn't see Mrs.Perkins. All I saw was armed guards and police dogs.


"Get down!" I screamed.

9 comments:

Sandra Crook said...

Truly sinister. Well done.

helenahannbasquiat said...

There's something happening here, but what it is ain't exactly clear...

Bookie said...

And what horror is going on in the train station...someone might face some real growing up and leadership situations!

lingeringvisions said...

And 6 months later the president is shot dead. The world will never be the same.

shainbird said...

Nicely weaved with history!

jlroeder said...

I had to read it twice to get it. Very well done though! Good crisp writing. :-)

Douglas MacIlroy said...

Dear Debra,

And in the end, the dogs and police were no match for love. Great story.

Aloha,

Doug

Rochelle Wisoff-Fields said...

Dear Debra,

Welcome back. You took me back in time. I was nine going on ten that summer. That was a year of major change, wasn't it?

shalom,

Rochelle

Björn said...

Oh this was strong... I was 2 years old at the time on the other end of the world... but history was made...

Liked it a lot and got me thinking.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates