Saturday, February 8, 2014

Say Goodbye to Survival Mode-Book Review #review

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Book Description:
In Say Goodbye to Survival Mode, you'll find both practical ideas and big-picture perspective that will inspire you to live life on purpose. As a wife, mother of three, and founder of the wildly successful blog MoneySavingMom.com, Crystal Paine has walked the road from barely surviving to living with intention. With the warmth and candor of a dear friend, she shares what she's learned along the way, helping you:
  • feel healthier and more energetic by setting priorities and boundaries
  • eliminate stress with savvy management of your time, money, and home
  • get more done by setting realistic goals and embracing discipline
  • rediscover your passions—and the confidence to pursue them
I have to admit, I fell guilty that although I've been blogging for some time and have connections with a lot of great blogger, I'd never heard of Crystal Paine or her website. But, I'm so glad I found her and her book  Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life at this junction in my life. 
Crystal is honest and bare-bones, which I needed. I'm always trying to be Super Woman and never can so no. I tend to be a people pleaser and it has become my downfall.

I needed a good swift kick in the rear to get me back on track of my life. I needed Crystal's book!  Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life opened the door to a new life. 

The book is filled with great reminders but the keys you need to unlock the door to saying goodbye to survival mode. There are ten chapters, each filled with strategies and ways to stop yourself from self-destruction.  Crystal begins with  a goal and strategy. She includes snippets of her own personal life as well as a place to write down what you need to do. She ends each chapter with a "Get Practical" section.

Reading  Say Goodbye to Survival Mode has changed the way I look at myself and how I realized it's okay to say NO. I don't have to please everyone. I've learned where my priorities lie.

I don't have a favorite chapter, because every one is filled with practical everyday advice you will use over and over again!

You can buy the book at Thomas Nelson for only $22.99. Also, be sure to stop by  MoneySavingMom.com  and sign up for Crystals Take the FREE 7-Day Challenge and Say Goodbye to Survival Mode today! I signed up and get wonderful advice and challenges in my mailbox.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!