Monday, March 3, 2014

Brighton's Mountain Books Shaking Behind the Microphone, Overcoming the Fear of Public Speaking Review

Disclosure: I received a copy for review purposes. However, all opinions are my own.



Introducing Shaking Behind the Microphone. Fear of Speaking in Public is Equal to Falling Into a Pit Full of Snakes

Three out of four people suffer from brain freeze, a quivering voice, and a racing heart, which are signs of glossophobia. In her anthology, Shaking Behind the Microphone, Overcoming the Fear of Public Speaking, author Jill Ammon Vanderwood tells her story about going skydiving to overcome her fear of public speaking.

My review:

FDR said it best:  "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself" . This famous, often quoted phrase is something I have stuck in the back of my mind everytime I have to do something that includes the unknown. The only thing I fear worse than fear itself is public speaking.  I suffer from glossophobia. I detest public speaking, but now that I'm in college one of my courses involves public speaking. The nerves quicken, the palms begin to sweat, and the throat constricts. What am I suppose to do? 

Is there a solution to glossophobia? YES! Author Jill Ammon Vanderwood has the perfect book for people like me who are afraid of public speaking.

Shaking Behind the Microphone, Overcoming the Fear of Public Speaking shares her story along with others who feared public speaking. This wonderful book not only gives you insights, but helps you overcome your fears. 

I start my first public speaking class in May and I tell you, I don't think I would have been able to get through it without Jill's book. If you struggle with glossophobia pick up a copy of Shaking Behind the Microphone, Overcoming the Fear of Public Speaking.

About the Author:

Jill Ammon Vanderwood is the author of six books, including the Mom’s Choice Award winning book 
Drugs Make You Un-Smarter and the Indie Excellence Award winning book What’s It Like, Living Green
Kids Teaching Kids, by the Way They Live. She lives with her family in Utah, where she speaks at schools, 
Boys and Girls Clubs, church groups, Girl Scout Troops, Kiwanis Camp, and drug rehabs. Jill teaches 
writers workshops for the League of Utah Writers. She is involved with fundraising events for literacy, The 
Wheelchair Foundation, Soles for Souls and Toys for Tots.

Shaking Behind the Microphone: Overcoming the Fear of Public Speaking
ISBN 978-1490941219
Brighton’s Mountain Books
Printed through Create Space
156 page paperback
Nonfiction Adult Anthology
$12.99 Suggested Retail Price
This book is available through Amazon.com , AmazonKindle, Barnes and Noble.com and can be ordered through Baker and Taylor or Ingram’s or through your local retailer
To contact the author or to receive a review copy, contact Jill Ammon Vanderwood
brightonsbooks(at)gmail(dot)com
Contact Information
Jill Vanderwood
Brighton’s Mountain Books
http://www.jillvanderwood.com

1 comments:

Jill Vanderwood said...

Hey Debra,
Do we have a winner?

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!