Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Lent: 40 Days of Renewal- Day 1 Fear of Failure







'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' Isaiah 41:10

For the next 40 days of Lent, I am going to focus on the things in my life that are holding back my joy and peace. Phil Ressler has written 40 Things to Give up for Lent: The List and #1 is Fear of Failure.


"Fear of Failure – You don’t succeed without experiencing failure. Just make sure you fail forward."

In my life this is my worst obstacle. I have always been an overachiever and perfectionist because I fear failure. I tend to worry about what people will think about me or if I am good enough. I need to understand failure is part of life and sometimes it is okay to fail. Fear is an obstacle Satan manifested to keep people from enjoying their lives. Today I am giving up my fear of failure. What is your obstacle?

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. 

Romans 12:2 NIV


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates